View Single Post
01-14-2013, 02:56 PM
vCash: 500
And a quick note for those planning on starting with a historical season from just a few years ago - remember that historical mode and modern mode will work differently. An example being no minor leagues in historical mode...only NHL.

So, what I'm getting at is, if you want to start in 2005-2006 and play through present day, remember that once you get to 2012-2013 and beyond, you're technically still in historical mode. So although the correct players (and obviously fictional rookies in the future) will appear in the game, you won't be able to use all he features of modern mode, even though you're technically in present day.

So, for me, historical mode makes more sense if you're planning on starting quite a few years ago, or if you only plan on going for so long. If you want to start 3 or 4 seasons ago and plan on going well into the future, it probably makes more sense to just stick with modern mode.

Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: