Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Habs Training Camp
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Myron Gaines*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
lol... when all else fell, go with the insult... The person that says that eller-moen-ak didn't work well IS clueless and you then tried to prove your point by pulling up all types of stats that were irrelevant to what we were debating...
You didn't even read my post or even clicked on the links. So yeah, you're clueless.

You're the one talking about stats, which I don't know where you get. Kostitsyn was invisible when he didn't score, that's just the kind of player he is. That's why Nashville didn't even bother to re-sign him, despite not having much offense. I sent you those links cause you referred to Kostitsyn having 12 goals in 41 games (where does that come from?) while forgetting that it was on a pretty inconsistent level. Anyone would take a 20 goal scoring 3rd line winger right? Then how come Kostitsyn is not in the NHL?

He's not a 20 goal scoring 3rd liner, he's a one dimensional player who's constantly demoted because he doesn't contribute with anything else besides shooting the puck and scoring goals, when he gets hot. What's so hard to understand?

I never said Moen Eller and Kostitsyn never worked, I'm saying that Kostitsyn wasn't consistent enough to remain on that line permanently. Sad to see his 15-20 goals a year go, but happy that we're moving on from a player who gets going every 8 to 10 games or so.