Thread: Confirmed with Link: Isles claim Joe Finley (D)
View Single Post
01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
vCash: 500
Amerks/Sabres fan here: I've seen every game Joe Finley play this year and most last year. Yes, he's obviously big. He hasn't been as physical this year as he was last year (I think the coaching staff stressed positional play this year) but is good at clearing the crease and taking guys out in the corner. Now that he has an NHL shot, I'm sure he'll be hitting everything he can. Fighting? He does it, not great at it. He usually only gets in a couple shots before ragdolling. His offense is completely non-existant. About 75% of his point shots result in a broken stick. Usually when he does get the puck at the point he takes a shot and breaks his stick, doesn't get good wood and it flutters to the net, and he just dumps it into the corner. His only goal this year was a weird bouncer that Robert Mayer should have stopped. He was probably the most versatile defenseman on the Amerks starting the season paired with fellow defensive defenseman Matt MacKenzie, then was partnered with Mark Pysyk and occasionally Nick Crawford, both more offensive minded.

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote