Old
01-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That is less of an issue in Portland. We have to remember that he's a draft eligible player, and most players in that position are rarely at their best at the WJCs. If the same problem is there next year, then I'll concede a point like that, but not now.
Oh, I agree. I really wasn't trying to imply I was disappointed in his play, because nothing could be further from the truth. He was a standout player, amongst players who were older and more experienced. Objectively though, compared to someone like Trouba, it's easy to see that Jones was raw in comparison. Trouba easily looked like the more NHL-ready and polished prospect(and to Trouba's credit, he was also a bit young for that tournament too).

Of course, like you said, it is different. If Jones is even available for the US next year, you'd expect him to be just that much better. I just thought it was worth mentioning that, yes, he was very good at the WJC(with extra emphasis on his draft eligiblity) but there is plenty of room for growth and improvement in his game, and I'd argue there were better defensemen out there on the ice(though perhaps none who were more impressive).

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote