Thread: Proposal: Edler for PK Subban
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 03:52 PM
palindrom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
This thread went to hell faster then even I could have guessed. Here goes my attempt at a little damage control:

Edler maybe UFA, but until Subban is resigned, and I am confident he will be, he isn't as valuable to a competing organization with a limited budget and questions about the future as someone who is A.) signed for at least the year, B.) can arguably (and I don't want to argue about this point, my opinion is my own and I don't think everyone shares it) play better hockey, at least in our system, C.) has been with the organization for a long while and D.) has a connection and roots here, and is likely to sign for cheaper.

No one from our camp wouldn't covet Subban, but he's not the right fit under the current circumstances for the current proposal. Montreal fans will have a list as long as my arm as to why they'd want Subban over Edler too, and they are all as equally valid as my points, but it boils down to the same argument: Not at this time.
To make it short what you mean is: Subban's value will partially be determined by his contract, and we can only make guess about it now.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote