View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
AintLifeGrand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
Kesler is still injured and, I believe, is a question to play at all this season. EDIT: I saw a player note on Yahoo that the Canucks are optimistic. So proceed with caution on my advice. Maybe just squirrel him away on the IR.

Elias isn't as valuable in a standard league as he is in a custom league. Losing Parise in the offseason will hurt his offense, but he ought to still be effective.

I not sure how he's expected to be used, but I don't put much faith in Tanguay at this point in his career.

Atkinson might get top minutes in Columbus, but it's Columbus ... and Atkinson is a rookie. Don't expect much from him. A better rookie RW option that should be available is Silfverberg in Ott. He's starting the season on a line with Spezza and Michalek. It's a much better situation there and less likely to be a +/- disaster like Columbus is.

Nice D, even though I expect Ekman-Larson to surpass Yandle as the top fantasy Dman in Phoenix this season. See if anyone in your league still holds him in high regard; he might be useful as part of a trade to bolster your offense. OEL might still be available on waivers.

I'd plan to trade either Dubnyk or Bryzgalov if either gets off to a hot start. Lundqvist and Niemi give you two strong starters, so I wouldn't use two bench spots for G depth. One backup should be sufficient ...

So, to recap, I would:
* Drop Kesler
* Drop Tanguay
* See if Silfverberg and Ekman-Larson are available
* Dangle Yandle as trade bait; perhaps trying to package him with one of your goalies to a team with weak G.
Thanks for the feedback dude!

So these are the moves I've made

Dropped Kesler
Dropped Tanguay
Dropped Dubnyk
Dropped Clowe
Picked up Silfverberg, Duchene, Josi, Hudler

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote