View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
ricky0034

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
that really, really doesn't say much...

28 year old player with 1 season above 40points, while playing his whole career with the Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Lidstrom led Red Wings... a team that 4x in his 7 year career was top 4 in the league in scoring...

sorry, not gonna sell Flippula's impact as a point producing player by virtue of his 1 season over 40 points.

and I think he's an excellent player... would love to have him on the habs, don't get me wrong.

But he's just not anywhere near the value to a team that Subban is.

even if the "value" of the package offered is worth more than Subban, for Montreal & it's current situation, adding those pieces aren't worth creating the hole Subban's void would create (unless, perhaps, it were part of a larger 3-way deal, where another top-pairing young dman wound up in montreal in the process... which would be lateral and thus still unecessary/
he's always been viewed as having a lot of untapped potential though

also of note is that last season he got to play on the Wing instead of as a Center

the 66 points he got last year was far from a mere fluke,he was on a line with Zetterberg all year and for huge chunks of the year it was Filppula carrying that line

as for comparing him to Subban okay sure I can accept that(although i'd disagree that there's as massive a gap as you seem to be implying)

one concern with Filppula is that he's a UFA after this year though

in any case he's definitely not a "mid-level fwd"

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote