View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That's probably where some of the disagreement comes from. Just how close is it? Personally, I think Seth Jones has much higher potential. Franchise potential. I think Couturier will be a damn good player, but I don't think he can match that, even at his best. That's just my opinion.
Yeah, what is Seth Jones? Pronger? Not mean enough for that? Erik Johnson? Hedman? Something less...? I don't know. I like him a lot. But my experience in 30 years of watching prospects come and go is that the odds of them living up to max potential projections is pretty low, even at the top end. He's not Sidney Crosby, anyway. I'm not sure what Couturier is or how good he is going to be either, mind you. So it's certainly not an easy call. But Couturier is doing something in the NHL today, and could help my team today, so I'd make the swap. I guess Burke did something like that too, and got burned on it, although I'm not talking of dealing Seth Jones *and* another 1st... Whenever it's even close you also have to engage the rest of your staff, maybe there's a scout that could sway me on keeping Jones instead.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote