View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
It's kind of depressing, because I was excited to see Dejan back reporting on the Pens, but he's just as bad and unreliable as the rest of them these days. I wish Jonathan Bombulie would come here.

As for the Engelland debate, I wouldn't be totally opposed to putting him out there with the second powerplay if they're going to be playing the same role as last year. If they're going out there for an offensive zone faceoff with 15 seconds left or whatever, his ability to get his shot off quickly and on net could be an asset. At least it would create a chance for a rebound or a deflection.
All of the Pens beat guys don't truly understand the game and they want to break "news" first.

I'd rather read stuff that is written well and accurately, even if it isn't first. It's sad that when Kevin Allen broke the news Staal wasn't happy in Pgh, that people questioned who he was (only the best hockey writer of the last 25 yrs).

Allen doesn't feel the need to be first to break news or float BS rumors. So when he breaks something, as I said back in April, I put a ton of stock in it.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote