Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Habs Training Camp
View Single Post
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Myron Gaines*
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
They are streaky because of math of players of that caliber.

And Kostitsyn was hardly useless when he wasn't scoring a goal. He was a pretty reliable body for helping two-way lines push the play towards the other team's net. He could carry the puck and pass well and not be a liability in the defensive zone, even if he wasn't dominant there. Plus was an above average physical player as well. Over the years the results for the top two-way center in Plekanec were notably better with Kostitsyn rather than without him, just as Eller was far stronger with him on his wing rather than somebody else.

Kostitsyn was reliably a positive factor in team success even if he wasn't a guy that was close to being able to carry a line.
I could go on hours about Kostitsyn and the type of players he is. But the debate wont end. I simply don't see what kind of impact he had on our team besides when he got hot and scored in bunches. You say that he could carry the puck, but I say that he barely could carry the puck the past few years. You also said he could pass well, but for every nice pass there was about 10 erroneous passes.

That's what I remember from Kostitsyn the last few years. Flashes of brightness, missed pass receptions, missed shots, a few great goals, occasional nice hits and very streaky scoring and decent defensive play. He was avery clumsy player.