View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Jacko95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
This kills any chance of a decent rebuild the Flames had. It is going to be a long long time to get that team fixed. They are an older group that has very minimal when it comes to high end prospects.
This is absolutly wrong, if you draft right and sign the right FAs you can get rebuild without trading any big names.

I take Tampa as an example, as I am a Tampa fan and follow them a lot

They traded no big name of their franchise in the last 4 years and with 5 great draft years and some decent undrafted signees we are ready to go big in a year 2 .
we have at least 3 guys out of every draft with good/great NHL upside and signed along with 3 great FA signings (Conacher, Johnson, Korobov) and Gauthier is starting to show big promise in the AHL as well.
Well their biggest trade was Downey to Col for a first rounder from Det (3team-trade) and they are only a year or 2 away from contention.

Yes if you trade yor stars the rebuild is quicker but its very important to have a face of your franchise who can carry the young guys and so on, I would be as happy with Iginla retiring in Calgary as a flames fans, as I am with Lecavalier playing his entire hockey life in Tampa ( and yes I think he is overpaid)

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote