View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
PATCHESx67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, it's AC, I don't think I need to say much..

My point was, even if they're right, I don't see it as a problem. We have overpaid a multitude of players over the years, none of which were ever as good as PK.
Now, if PK got this huge deal, he might not be completely worth it this year, but I'm pretty sure he'll be well worth it by next season.

I understand Bergevin though, he's just trying to squeeze out cash from PK. But I feel he's playing a very dangerous game if they are 3M apart in terms of yearly salary.
I get that you don't want a player to overrate himself, but at the same time, you don't want management to underrate you either. If all they offered was 3M for 2y to PK, then I can see him feeling insulted.

Well that depends on what the ''+'' is, but then I don't understand why Phx would do that. And, if we follow the reasoning on these boards, next year, once OEL's contract runs out and he'd be in negotiation, if he keeps progressing and has a great year, we'd have to trade him because he might be asking the same type of cash PK is.
PHX needs a fan base and Subban could help alot more then OEL and they're pretty equal on age and potentiel,but thats the type of trade u rarely see from GM's since it could turn out pretty bad if one busts.Either way its not about the money i was just wondering if Bergevin would of tried the market if it wasnt for hes popularity in montreal.One thing is for sure,speculation or not hes no Doughty and doesnt deserve hes contract yet.