View Single Post
01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Rebuild? Refresh?
vCash: 500
HIIT (High intensity interval training). This is for the most part what I do these days and for hockey I have had the greatest improvements. Other workouts have their beneifts as well whether increasing stretch or flexibility, but, IMO, HIIT gives you the best bang for your buck (metaphorically speaking) as it is incredible efficient (time requirements versus gains) and most closely replicates the pace of a hockey game with intense shifts followed by quick rest. Body weight circuits, sprints, jump rope, etc. are all fantastic and do not require a gym.

Look up ways to eat clean and do that as often as you can. It is very difficult to eat clean 99% of the time and a lot of advice out there will tell you that doing so more often than not will still yield results. Obviously, the more disciplined you are, the better the results. Start small and slowly swap new foods or clean alternatives into your diet. Small changes over time equal major changes. Drink a lot of water.

Skill Development
This one is different for everyone. The constant is time and effort. Without those things you will not improve as much as you'd probably like. Youtube has been and continues to be a huge help for development. I try to incorporate one thing to work on in pickup or at a sticktime and build as I go.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote