View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
You're absolutely right, it's why even though I rooted like hell for a local kid I never really thought he was going to live up to the hype that comes with winning a Hobey Baker. His hockey IQ is low, but his biggest issues were always knowing when to pinch..what to do in his own zone...etc. I honestly believe he'd be a suitable forward, and I say 3rd line over 4th because I'd rather have someone with some real scoring ability on the 3rd line than Rupp.
I really don't see Gilroy cutting it as a 3rd line forward. The lack of a physical game is his biggest problem. If he had a bit more talent--where he could be a top 6 forward or a pwp quarterback he could get away with it. He doesn't have that much. A 3rd liner needs to have variables as well--ability to forecheck and play physical. Ability to penalty kill. Ability to fight are some of these variables. Not all of them are needed by any one player but the player will have to have at least some of them. And knocking in 10 to 15 goals. Is he capable of that as a forward? I'm not sure but I wouldn't think so. To me he's a less capable forward than Eric Christensen who didn't have many variables either but a lot of Gilroy's similarities but Christensen really is a forward--Gilroy is not really.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote