View Single Post
01-14-2013, 05:38 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Turris was ranked first by most (by most I mean maybe 60/40) but most thought Chicago would take Kane regardless. So basically most had Turris ranked #1, but 90% of mock drafts had Kane going 1st.

As for a prediction. It's likely MacKinnon 1st overall and Jones #2, but there are a few teams that would take Jones over MacKinnon, so Jones could go first in a few scenarios so I can;t say 100% without there being standings.

Either way.. just like Landeskog, Larsson, and Duchene... Drouin is NOT going #1 unless Makinnon drops off heavily, and/or Drouin becomes a man possessed.
This is some serious revisionist history. Sounds like you are piping up Turris as a #1 overall type of talent more than anything.

As for this draft, I really think Seth Jones is head and shoulders above the rest of the class. Then there are 4 or 5 forwards led by Mackinnon IMO, but also including Drouin (along with Barkov, Lindholm, and possibly Monahan). MacKinnon is #2 for me mostly because he is just scratching the surface of his talent. Drouin is an amazing little hockey player though. Lindholm, Barkov, and Monahan I haven't seen as much of.

I also think the russian is in this grouping but he will slip due to the russian factor....

And while hindsight is 20/20, I do also think the Oilers have failed to get the top forward in the draft 3 years in a row. 3 years in a row they took the pure offensive guy and missed out on the all around stud.

Last edited by hogtownhabsfan*: 01-14-2013 at 05:44 PM.
hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote