Thread: Value of: Phil Kessel
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM
marty111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy6 View Post
RNH looked good defensively at the WJC to me. I honestly haven't watched Hall enough to form an opinion, but I think that you are missing my point.

First line players on good, championship calibre teams cannot be one dimensional like Kessel is.

Offensive players need to have somewhat of a defensive conscious to be truly successful and I have seen no evidence that Kessel will ever develop into anything more than what he is: a good scorer on a bad team.
Well then maybe you should watch more hockey.

By your analysis both Hall and RNH are one dimensional players. Go around and ask people about that and see how it goes.

And to the bold, we've heard that song and dance before.

Kessel isn't good without an elite center - Savard. He wouldn't even crack 30G. 3 30 G seasons later with Tyler Bozak and that tune has changed.

Then it was Kessel is a good goal scorer but a 60 point 2nd line winger. What you see is what you get. After a full 82PTS 82 games season that has changed too.

Now it's well Kessel is a good scorer on a bad team and thus bad teams never have any players that are GREAT - fact.

Which is hilarious and amusing. Thank you for brightening my day

I suppose the follow list of players are secondary players as well since they play on a bad team and/or minus hockey players.

John Tavares
RNH
Jorden Eberle
Matt Duchene
Ryan Getzlaf
Correy Perry
Rick Nash
Alexander Ovechkin
Niklas Backstrom
... and I could go on.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote