View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWShark View Post
This board in general is biased by many who don't even know how to skate let alone rate a defensman who doesn't put up 50 points a season... White had a crap year learning a crap system in the D zone. I watched him play for years in NJ and he was above average most years. Moving to the west coast wasn't a good fit for him. This board always tries to find a scape goat for all that ails the team when more often than not it's more complex than simply blaming one or 2 players.
Responding to an old post. I agree with your general opinion of White having an off-year and that he had to play in a crap system, but man you have to get off your high-horse of "I know how to play hockey so my opinion holds greater weight". Since when does not knowing how to skate make you unable to judge a hockey player. Is Peter Laviolette a lousy head coach because he never scored an NHL goal? Biased or not, Colin White had an awful year last year. Even a US Olympian (Bret Hedican) practically said "Colin White sucks" in a number of post-game reports.