View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:59 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
It also puts everyone else into place for an extent. Laich/Johansson at 1LW, Johansson/Wolski at 2LW, Brouwer at 2RW.

Ryan, Iginla, RW Kovalchuk, RW Carter, Kessel, Semin, Horton, Fehr all score tons from RW being right handed shots and generally carrying the puck.
Ovi will do fine. In fact starting with the realization he can attack from other areas in game 2 versus Montreal, Ovi's forays up the right side have gone very well.

Its just a coach never had the balls to try to move him proper. Ovi requested it himself, you can't make this stuff up. I am elated. I am not Ovi.

Montreal provided the blueprint on how to stop him and he has been adjusting ever since. I will say Dale did quite a bit to free up Ovi, ironically by reigning him in from camping at the far blue. He had to use his linemates and be a team player.

And Ovi scored from all over the ice more than ever before. Ovi potted 38 last year on a shell team, a few months without Nick, and had no ENG, career low TOI, and a mostly feeble power play. He did not pad his stats at all last year.

His game is changing, the position change came after the fact.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 01-14-2013 at 08:05 PM.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote