Thread: Proposal: (DAL)-Ryder to (PIT)-??
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
To me, every minor defensive mistake is exaggerated when your goaltender saves 0 of those shots. At some point, the team in front of that goaltender stops caring when they have 0 confidence in their goaltender. Over the last 9 years, MAF has only posted 2 years of a playoff SV% over .900. Both years the Pens went to the SCF. Is it still the defense's fault at that point? MAF has posted similar results in front of every single defensive lineup he's played behind (except 1 or 2). POOR results.

You'd stop digging too if I continually shoveled your dirt bag into your hole. I'm just suggesting that a very good Pen's team quit in front of MAF because they had seen enough of his sub par play give away goal after goal, undermining their effort to win the game.

So back on topic. I'm guessing Ryder is viewed as expendable by a decent amount of DAL fans?
MAF is a mediocre #1 goaltender, average, middle of the pack, he isn't going to stop that many shots when the team is letting the opposition have a clear path to the net.

I saw Sidney Crosby blow his coverage on his man more times than I can remember in that Philly series. Giroux had his way with him and looked like a better player than Crosby for that series. When your leader leads like that your team is probably going to have trouble unless you have a steadying force, like a very good shutdown D to counteract that. Crosby probably just got overwhelmed with emotion in that series, he certainly looked like he lost control of his emotions, but teams follow their captain.

My guess is that if the Penguins would have had a defensive guy who could not only calm down the room but back it up with his play, they would have beaten the Flyers.

The Penguins have several problems, my point is that the absolute least of their problems is a scoring winger.

Just to clarify because I know people will get bent out of shape, I think Crosby is the best player in the game he was just over his head as far as leadership goes in that series and the fact that he was out for so long is no small part why.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote