View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I'm not hating on the guy, I hope he makes it, I am just wondering why Lombardi and Co. keep calling up everyone else but him? Now they call up Muzzin and put him on waivers. That's a smack in the face.
Who is everyone?

If I recall right, A-Mart was recalled early in 2010-2011. Hickey missed almost the entire season before that with a knee injury and was still playing himself back into shape at that time, so that recall makes sense. Vopynov is Voynov and is a very good defenseman in his own right, and according to everyone last season Hickey and Voynov were basically equal at training camp. Hardly a shame that Voynov beat him out and IMO, if Hickey's cap hit last year was the same as Voynov's, he may have been kept over Voynov.

Outside of when A-Mart was recalled two years ago, when was the last time LA needed anyone recalled due to injury? We've had plugs like Harrold and Drewiske to fill in here and there.

And now, they are recalling to replace Mitchell, hence Muzzin, as he plays a much more similar style than Hickey.

If Scuds had been hurt, I'd wager it'd be Muzzin on waivers right now and Hickey in camp.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote