View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Yeah, you're right, because those same players your speaking of put up 37 points as rookies, go down to the AHL and the following season finish 12th in Norris Voting as a 21 year old.

You're not fools, but I am? You think that attempt at a dig at Del Zotto is going to make me or anyone believe that those two are worth him? No way.

Del Zotto's upside (and proven production so far) BLOWS the other two away. Del Zotto has accomplished more in 3 seasons than Tyutin has in his entire career and Nikitin isn't even close to Del Zotto's level.
None of that is relevant.

It has not been established that Columbus is going to continue to make moves under the "rebuilding" umbrella. There's a lot of young talent, very little old talent, and the old talent is signed to short-term deals. Most of the young talent is not in their prime years.

Therefore, the more likely course is to keep the hands off and see what happens. To gut the current blueline, which includes two pairings that showed excellent chemistry (at a high level, I might add) under difficult circumstances last season, in order to pick up a different piece at the expense of one of those entire pairings, would fly in the face of this.

This has nothing to do with whether Del Zotto is currently a better player than either Tyutin or Nikitin. It has nothing to do with whether he may become a much better player. It has everything to do with whether a team that has a young core is going to decimate the entire blueline just as things are starting to come together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Also, you're using a half of an AHL season as the basis of your argument?

I have 2 NHL seasons and a bunch of writers who have just check-raised your bet all-in.
No, I'm using 47 games in an NHL season (with 11 points, and 2 goals of which neither were at even strength) in addition to the fact that he was in the AHL at all in his second year.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote