View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
The Zajac situation will be interesting to watch. If the Devils are back in the pack at the trade deadline, I would hope Lou would know whether or not we have a realistic shot at Zajac wanting to stay here, but if not, you have to move him. We can't keep losing quality FAs and have nothing to show for it. I know everyone has their "in Lou we trust" thing after the run last year, but this is one area I've always felt Lou's gambled too often on.

Clarkson will probably shop around (although I could see Lou giving him a bad contract for some reason) and at least come back to the Devils, but Zajac I don't have the same level of confidence.
I agree, and I don't blame Lou for not trading Parise or other guys cause we were always in the hunt. If we're struggling he has to go unless of course he begs to stay, and even then he can screw us come UFA time. Lou definitely will leave an uneasy feeling with me if he lets these guys walk. Especially Clarkson who I think wants to be with us. His ideas of not wanting to give extensions until late June are far past dated. I'm sure they're leaving a lot of others fed up too with it. I don't know if I trust Lou, and the Hucksterbeek to give us legit replacements if they leave either.

If we gotta pay Zajac too much I'd rather try to get Getzlaf. Zajac isn't on Getzlaf's level at all, and if they cost the same, or even half a million more for Getzlaf then get him.