View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Rob Scuderi

vCash: 500
Just a few random thoughts...

I have a better sense for their complete careers, rather than just Pens, but seems like Boutette, Fonteyne, and Woytowich could have gone higher with some of the names taken.

Kunitz is a guy I'd really try to snag and put as the third piece of a top line. I think Pens fans underrate how valuable he is because he'll never be the best player on his line and goes into those goalless stretches which provide a lightning rod.

Rico Fata and Milan Kraft really? I'd scour pretty hard before settling for them, but then again it was the very end of the available draftees I'm sure.

When Greg Polis is a solid top sixer you know things are really thin. Team 4 seems a great example of how quickly the wings dry up. Rod Schutt and Battleship Kelly are tough sells on a top line, but at least they've got serious talent around him.

Burrows-Letang is a dream pairing in this format. Let them play 30 minutes a night and cheat towards drafting your forwards since there's two goalies worth picking high up. I'd easily take Letang over Ulfie and Stackhouse though so maybe I like him more than some of those GMs.

I like Watson-Woytowich over some of the second pairs honestly. Team 6 really had a rough go with the defensemen it seems. Coffey-Zalapski is not a match made in heaven.

I'm ok with the Moose for sentimental reasons, but I'd have looked hard at the 70s goalies before going with JSA. I'd definitely have taken Jim Rutherford before him who essentially had one good year.