View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Habnot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
After Gaston Therrien, here's another funny comment about the great Pierre McGuire. Saying that Galchenyuk lost his spot to JT Miller, a left winger, demonstrating that he didn't have that great of a tournament. I also happen to think that it wasn't an incredible tournament for Galchenyuk, but can't believe that a prospect lover like McGuire would mention that he lost his spot to Miller. First, Miller does play both positions, like Gally. So McGuire mentioning that Gally lost a center spot to a winger was uncalled for. As Gally, also, lately, was playing more the wings than at the center position. Then, it was absolutely NORMAL than a guy like Miller, with some AHL experience, be higher on the depth chart.

And when you look at all the exhibition games that the US played....I'd love to know what was Miller great offensive accomplishments that surpassed so much Gally. I mean he had his points, but so did Gally. Thing is Housley had already started to think that Miller would be the centerman, and it's possible that Kuraly was doing real good, and Housely couldn't see Kuraly on the wings but had no problem with Gally there.
Not to split hair, but I believe McGuire said that he lost his place to Miller and Vesey, and he specifically mentioned Vesey as a older left-winger. He later added unequivocally that he is a special player.