View Single Post
01-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
Heard McGuire's comments, I completely respect the guy and love listening to him every day, but today I was shaking my head in disapproval. To say Galchenyuk lost his spot and basically mention that he had an awful tournament is absurd. He did play a key part in the US victories, more then Vesey or Miller did by far lol. Today's talk was just ridiculous, he sounded like Gaston Therrien.
He said that? If anything Galchenyuk showed he can not only play as a scoring forward, but a third line defensive player, as he demonstrated against both Canada and Sweden. McGuire needs to realize that in the shortened ice time his line received, Galchenyuk helped shut down Canada's offense and often pinned Sweden's top line in their own zone.

In my opinion, Galchenyuk proved me wrong on one account. I doubted his defensive game, saying it was good for the OHL but outside of that, he'd get exposed. He wasn't and neither was his line. On the contrary, they did phenomenal work with the minimal ice time they received AND Galchenyuk still put up points on top of that.

Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department