View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Obryantj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I've tried buying players. For a lot of money, too. I just haven't been successful. Yet. The only place to spend money is the midfield. I'm happy with McCready, Lemieux, Diaz and Korbetsky up front. That's good starters and depth/prospects. Defense is running six deep right now and I already mentioned the prospects.

The midfield, once a decent strength although never truly great, is where I need to improve. It sold have been done as soon as the SMs dropped to 3/6. It's probably a mental thing. I'm too attached to Bamburg & Denno. I need to find their replacements and then sell them. And I don't have great CMs either. Adams is the only one getting a decent IGR, Stamper produces and Harris is a decent third wheel. I've tried to upgrade both positions. I know I was outbid at least once when it went over 200M. RunnyOnion's last big purchase would have been mine, but I literally missed the end of the auction by seconds.

I'm surprised to hear that I'm first in the league in cash. I think I only have 230M.
Only 230M huh?

As for MFs, the CM I posted the other day isn't bad. Starosta is 17, 5/6 and posted a 19 IGR today (54% chemistry). His Q's are: 60/77/91/61/95/85/77/60/83.

Quote:
And yes, I meant to start on High. If you were up by two (or three, hadn't decided), I would have dropped back to Normal. Ifit was tied, I would have gone VH. That could have been a big three points for me. Just make sure you take care f business against my rivals
3 points for you would be assuming that your team did all of the following (that they didn't do in the match):
a) Got a shot on goal
b) Got a shot past Cheney
c) Got more shots past Cheney than my team got past Cernohorsky

[Note: This thread needs at least a little trash talk right?]

Your rivals look an awful lot like my rivals right now. I don't play any of the 2nd-4th place teams for almost 4 weeks before getting the High Headerz and FC Corona back-to-back. I'll be on the road against Arlington in the last game of the season in what could be a huge match. Those are the big 3 games left on my league schedule, so I'll be doing what I can to take care of business.