Old
01-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I think Grigs starting on the 3rd line with Leino and Ott is perfect. Give him 12-13 minutes at ES and then 2+ mins on the PP. If he is getting 15 minutes a game , I think he should be able to handle that , especially since his line will be often getting the opponents 3rd pairing which could lead to a mismatch that would favor us.

At the minimum he needs the 5 game tryout, there is absolutely no reason not to give it to him, even if he isn't ready full time give him the 5 games and Send him back if he is in over his head. If he's anything better then average then keep him up, let him learn on the big club. The half season in the Q has helped immensely, and I think 48 games in the NHL would better his development then another 30 or so games in juniors. Quebec isn't a top team by any stretch of the imagination and probably won't make it anywhere near the Memorial Cup.
Agree 100%... it's a short season and the Sabres need goal scorers not grinders... The problem is Lindy Ruff is in love with grinders... playoffs not so much.

Grigs will get five games but for some reason I already think Ruff is determined to send him down so the old German can play...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote