View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
He lost that battle for a long time. It was only for the last month where he came out on top. Stana was the clear starter for close to 2/3 of Bryz's time there. Stana was also putting up unreal numbers though, so even if Bryz had played better he likely still wouldn't have been starter. However, Bryz wasn't playing better...he was floundering. Again.

Edit: For at least the first month, I recall Proskuryakov getting more starts than Bryz and putting up better numbers than Bryz. There was indeed a period of time where Bryz was third string, not dressing for games. he started with 2 bad games and then sat for a bit.
Hmm, let's see. I don't know when Bryz actually arrived in Moscow, but eliteprospects lists Sep. 19 as the confirmation date for his transfer to CSKA. In September, Stana got all 4 starts from that date on. In October, he got 7 starts, Proskuryakov got 1 and Bryzgalov got 3. In November, Stana got 5 starts and Bryz got 2. Proskuryakov got none. I didn't check the month of December, but I think it's fair to say it's been confirmed what your bias is I don't mean that in a bad way, either, but we do look for things that enforce beliefs we already have. I'm the same, don't worry.

As for not being dressed, I gave a reason already. Maybe that wasn't all there was to it, but I think those starts show he wasn't a third stringer at any point in time.