View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Bleedred
Kalinin is JAG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
Granted I'm not old enough to remember the early to mid 80s teams well enough, but the MacLean Devils were the worst Devils hockey I've ever seen. I mean it was painful to watch and hurt to watch some of the guys like Elias and Brodeur just at a loss for words.

Then to watch Lemaire and the run we went on, was just crazy.

As I said before, we as Devils fans, can't say we've been bored at all the last few years. Lots of excitement and ups and downs.
I'm old enough to remember the 80s or at least some of them. I was young, and didn't understand the game as well as I do now either like many fans when they first start watching. The first half of the 10/11 season was probably as bad or worse than the 80s team when you take into consideration a few things.

Back then scoring was much higher. At both ends. Goals against, and goals for those days was at least a game per game higher on each end on average. The goalies didn't clog up the entire net. Now they do, but the net is the same size. Those teams actually played defense that was close to competent even though well below league average. The Maclean Devils did not even play fundamental defense. The 80s Devils also had some ****** rosters. The 10/11 team didn't have as ****** of a roster considering what they did the year before with mostly the same personnel, and what they did the half season after. Aside from the carousel of bottom pairing defensemen.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote