View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
My god I'm so sick of the argument a player isn't ready for the NHL, jesus when will he be, when he goes to junior and scores 3ppg? His junior team sold everyone, he will be the only one left when he goes back and even then they'll just send him to a new team. Gally's done his time in Junior, proven it wasn't yak. He'll be fine, let's see what the coaching staff and GM thinks because after all, ya know he was choosen over this idiot.
You realize Gally had never played versus pro players until the WJC. There's a fine line between Junior hockey at 18 and NHL. It proves nothing. And when you're that young, no need to rush you.
There's more to it than meets the eye as well imo. I think that if management is looking at this year as a transitional one where we'll likely not even make the POs, then why lose an ELC year on a 48 game season where we're not even believed to make the POs.
Might be better for us to let him go back to the juniors, let him continue his dominance, see if he can dominate the POs, let this transitional year pass, give him another summer to train and work on wtv the coaching staff identified as weaknesses, and come back strong next year.