View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 11:09 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
There's an art to being a net front presence on the PP, and I for one want to see if Morrow can at least still manage that. It's the once place Homstrom remained effective still late in his career.

Certainly I'm not putting Morrow in Holmstrom's league, but he definitely deserves the shot to retain that position. The entire PP was a failure last year so I'm not so quick to say he was one of the main reasons it was so poor.

Robidas on the point is truly ... just stunningly absurd ... but Morrow is a reasonable option. The rest of your Top 6 forwards are better triggermen or at dishing the puck. Getting dirty with pucks flying at him just might be Morrow's only contribution to the team, and it could be a big one.
Part of his ineffectiveness on the PP was that he had gotten away from being the net presence he once was. I don't have a problem giving him a chance to retain his spot but implying, or outright confirming, that you had to appease the guy by throwing him some PP minutes because you took away his 5-on-5 minutes is absurd.

I'll just go ahead and echo the sentiments of a couple posts above me, none of the personnel changes made will matter one bit if the players don't move their bodies on the PP. It's ridiculous how stagnant they've been for 2-3 years now.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote