View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Considering Wandell and Vincour to be in the same category at this point in time is silly. I'm a Wandell supporter but it's clear there's not a spot for him here anymore. Vincour is a whole other situation entirely. He's a big body with a questionable NHL scoring ceiling; even if he never blossoms offensively he's good enough at the other things it takes to win for him to be an NHL player. There's a spot for him on this team, sooner or later.
Vincour could be a decent to very good checking winger. I don't see him lighting up the scoreboard but he has all the physical tools, not to mention the ability to fight for the puck to be an above average checker. Giving up on him now is ridiculous. He's a 22 year old work in progress who's played in total 71 NHL games over two seasons. He hasn't even played a full schedule with anything close to good linemates for more than 20 games and anyone who wants to give up on him now is out of their minds. Kid probably isn't top six material, but there are bottom six roles to fill and he's shown he's capable in that type of situation.

I can't speak for his AHL start this year but if the question is who's better in a lower line role Vincour vs Wandell, it's Czech product without a doubt.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote