View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Dirty Kari

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Considering Wandell and Vincour to be in the same category at this point in time is silly. I'm a Wandell supporter but it's clear there's not a spot for him here anymore. Vincour is a whole other situation entirely. He's a big body with a questionable NHL scoring ceiling; even if he never blossoms offensively he's good enough at the other things it takes to win for him to be an NHL player. There's a spot for him on this team, sooner or later.
The problem with this is that the guys that are coming up behind him in Texas (they might be already ahead of him) ALSO have big bodies and other intangibles. I just don't see it happening for Vincour. He has to compete with Smith, Stransky, Ritchie, and Chiasson for potential top six spots in the future. If they fail to make top six roles then they all have the ability to be quality 3rd liners too, Thats not counting potential UFA's or trade acquisitions in the top nine I don't mind giving him a chance for now and am certainly more optimistic about him than Wandell. I just think we are going to find out he isn't much of anything and then he will be worthless in a trade or he will head back to Europe. I hope I am wrong.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote