View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
This is some serious revisionist history. Sounds like you are piping up Turris as a #1 overall type of talent more than anything.

As for this draft, I really think Seth Jones is head and shoulders above the rest of the class. Then there are 4 or 5 forwards led by Mackinnon IMO, but also including Drouin (along with Barkov, Lindholm, and possibly Monahan). MacKinnon is #2 for me mostly because he is just scratching the surface of his talent. Drouin is an amazing little hockey player though. Lindholm, Barkov, and Monahan I haven't seen as much of.

I also think the russian is in this grouping but he will slip due to the russian factor....

And while hindsight is 20/20, I do also think the Oilers have failed to get the top forward in the draft 3 years in a row. 3 years in a row they took the pure offensive guy and missed out on the all around stud.
Not at all - I'm not a huge Turris fan (yet - I might be if he proves me wrong). Not sure where you got that idea from. Yes, I'm a sens fan, but in now way have I even implied Turris would be a "#1 overall talent" in this thread, or ever for that matter.
The whole TUrris thing was to show that even with Rankings aside, the #1 overall guy is still obvious. Personally I think it's MacKinnon, but I do think Jones could go depending on the team that gets the 1st pick. Usually at this point we have an idea of who the bad teams are, but we don;t this year, so yeah, it's a little tougher to narrow it down. That said, I'd bet 30/30 teams currently have Mac or Jones as their #1 ranked spec.

As for the the Oilers... Hall/Seguin can be argued, and same with Yakupov to whoever since it's too early to tell, but to say RNH was the wrong pick would be a mistake.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote