View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 11:47 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
No but you get younger and cheaper and kennedy I think is still a RFA after this deal as well.
You're not answering my main issue. You seem to believe that Clowe is no better than the season he just had, and yet Jeffery has the value of a great #3C despite not having proven that.

To the other poster that just wrote an essay above this post:

I'm a notorious Clowe-basher on the Sharks forum, go on as anyone. But it's laughable to me to see you complain about Jeffery being underrated in this thread when Pens fans are underrating Clowe even more.

Clowe had a bad season last year, no one is debating that, for a variety of reasons, including but not solely, severe injury he tried to play through, having a revolving door of piss-poor RW's while Havlat was injured, poor coaching, whatever.

But just one year before, he was one of the best Sharks. He and Couture were the only reason the Sharks won a single game at the beginning of the year.

For as much as I dislike Clowe and want him traded, it's getting ridiculous how underrated he's getting. Yes, he's slow. Yes, he's a below-average defensive player. Yes, he's prone to old school Joe Thornton-esque giveaways. But he more than makes up for those flaws with elite physical play and strength, strong playmaking, a good shot, intangibles, and overall great offensive instincts. Before last season he was one of the best #2LW's in the game. Then one injury-filled season where almost every single Shark underachieved and suddenly he's no better than Tyler Kennedy.

Jeffery could be a solid #3C this year. He seems to have the talent and work ethic. But until he does, it's all potential. You aren't going to get the value of a #3C for Jeffery until he proves anything with a big enough sample size.

At the same time, the Sharks are not going to trade Clowe if no one is willing to fork over what Clowe is worth based on his full body of NHL play, not just one poor season. Clowe will be fully healthy, playing with two great linemates, and in a contract year. He's primed for a fantastic season, but no, the offer the Sharks org is going to take is based around Tyler freaking Kennedy.

Talk about not knowing anything about an org.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote