Old
01-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
And Ovi scored from all over the ice more than ever before. Ovi potted 38 last year on a shell team, a few months without Nick, and had no ENG, career low TOI, and a mostly feeble power play. He did not pad his stats at all last year.
And this is why you want him to move out from his position?

Ovechkin didn't score more than usual from all over the ice:

I completely agree that AO is better when he uses all ofensive zone, but he's been doing that for his entire career when he wasn't strictly limited by the system. He'll have all that you mentioned this year, will also be shaper and faster than 2 years before this year.
Moving Ovechkin to the right will make him use his favorite forehand dangle or speeding behind the net even more often - he'll only get hit more, he's not an elusive player. Sure,he'll be able to pass more, but while Ovie is a decent playmaker, I feel that a top5 center feeding the best LW in the league has better potential (and proven). Maybe moving him to the RW for some games will be a worthy experiment, but permanently - I don't see the reason.
Also remembering some supercreative suggestions to play him with Brower and Laich... he'll be lucky to get 15 assists in this season then.

Acallabeth is online now   Reply With Quote