View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 12:31 AM
pckstpr31

vCash: 500
Mackenzie Skapski & Cole Cheveldave

Hi guys,

what are your thoughts on these two WHL goaltenders? I believe they both had the chance to be drafted last year and were passed over, but not 100% certain. Skapski is the starter for the Ice and is currently 16-17-0 with a 3.15 GAA, 0.900 SV%, and 3 shutouts. I don't think Kootenay is all that good of a team this year, but can't comment enough on his play versus the teams play, as I've only watched him once this year. He's a big lanky guy, and moves very well. I think he was touted to get drafted last year, but just ended up getting passed over.

Cheveldave is 20-9-2 with a 2.54 GAA, 0.915 SV%, and 2 shutouts. I know that Kamloops is pretty good this year, and don't know if he's just playing behind a good team, or if he's a main reason they're winning a lot. He did go from starting in the AJHL to starting in the WHL, which is pretty impressive. The knock on him is his size at 5'10", and I think that's a main reason he didn't really get any looks from NHL clubs.

I haven't really seen these guys enough to make definitive calls on them, so any input would be awesome!

pckstpr31 is offline   Reply With Quote