View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Dark Knight
Let's go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy6 View Post
A more compelling argument that Kessel isn't a player that will lead the Leafs to the Cup? I don't need to say anything more. Just look at his history and watch the Leafs play this year.

Eventually you all will realize that Kessel is not suited to be the player that the Leafs build their team around.

I'll say it one more time: when a one dimensional player that hasn't thrown a single hit, been in one fight, is a severe defensive liability, got dumped by the team that drafted him, and is named Phil Kessel, is your best player you are not going to win the Stanley Cup.

I'm done with this thread, you guys can have the final word.
Billy, you're saying say history as if Kessel is on the wrong side of 30.

All I know is that I've seen Kessel dominate in the playoffs while he was with the Bruins.

I'm sure you already know this but the team is not built around one player. A team led by Crosby and a bunch of average to below average players will also not win the Stanley Cup.

A GM's job is to build a competitive team overall and fill it up with talent. Kessel is a great building block for ANY team. The guy is one of the best snipers in the league. He deserves credit.

Saying a team with Kessel will not win a cup is a severely miscalculated remark.