Old
01-15-2013, 12:02 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
How do I know? That's the only piece of information that we have.

Luongo is the #1 player available via trade by a landslide, yet he remains a Canuck. Why would that be? Nobody has met the asking price. We already know which teams are in the mix.

The only team rumored to have serious interest has backed off (Toronto)...they didn't make a high value offer and there's nobody else. That may change in the next 5 days but I doubt it.

There is no market for Luongo right now that's why there's no value for him. Gillis has only one play and that's to hold on to him right now. That may or may not work in his favour.
I don't know .... maybe because he's only been available for a few days due to the lockout?

Maybe other GM's are trying to see who's going to blink first by not acquiescing to Gillis demands? Maybe they're tabling different offers? Perhaps they're waiting a bit longer to see how their own players are doing? Maybe they're trying to force Gillis's hand by seeing if he's really willing to go into the season with both goalies?

Clearly every GM knows what Gillis would like in return for Luongo, so perhaps they're mulling things over?

Nah ... couldn't be anything sensible. Must be Luongo has no value to any team in the league at age 33 earning a little over 5 million a year. That must be it.