View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 12:40 AM
b in vancouver

vCash: 500
If Iginla wants to retire a Flame - Great. All the power to him and the organization. I think it's fantastic. He's earned the right to stay in Calgary.
Would love him on the Bruins - but the only way it would ever happen is if Iginla decided he wanted a last couple runs at the Cup and didn't think Calgary could get him there and then you set something up that both teams could live with. I never thought Iginla would be the 1st piece they would move.

If Calgary is out of it this year - and I for one expect them to make the playoffs - and wants to rebuild then they have all kinds of players that would get great returns including Kipper, J.Bo, Tanguay, Cammy... If they traded these players and decided to rebuild then Iginla might ask to be moved but who knows if they would move these players while Iginla is still there.

I think the constant desire of fans of other teams (myself sometimes included) that want the Flames to tear it apart is tiring. They are a good competitive team and if this core can't accomplish more then eventually changes will be made and they might have to rebuild but... not today.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote