View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
That philosophy gets you the vanilla crap we have now. Original six teams can pull off simple, because they draw most of their identity just from the colors. It helps to have killer logos, but the uniforms are classic because they have a history to them. The Coyotes have no history and no tradition. It's a harder sell, design wise. Something less conservative than what we have now, more clearly defined, would do wonders.

I consider Colorado a good example of new identity done right. Unique colors, scheme and logo. Hasn't changed much, for good reason. It also helps they won a few cups and tacked on some history worth remembering to the look.

I fully expect Jamison to re-brand the team. I think the Sharks have some of the best unis in the league, so if he had anything to do with them that bodes well for the Coyotes.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think teams who try and be too unique end up regretting it and changing it every 3 years. See Buffalo, Edmonton, and the Islanders. May be good for sales but not good for the fans or identity.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote