View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
1. Pittsburgh
They lost Staal..but the lockout only helped them. A rested Crosby and a Malkin already in top shape, their 5 on 5 play will be too good.

2. Boston
Rask will make or break them...but at this point there core is mainly veterans who will cope with the short pre-season and Seguin is ready to break out, thanks Burke. I won't cry if something bad happens to Chara.

3. Carolina
If Muller is as good of a coach as we think he might be...well there defense is still going to suck but the Southeast is mediocre and they had the best off-season in the league.

4. NYR
They overachieved last year...their defense is elite but I'm not convinced by their scoring after their first line. Nash has never faced this kind of pressure and Gaborik and Richards are both on the decline. Plus Krieder is the most overrated young player this side of Gardiner.

5. Philadelphia
Their offense will carry them to the playoffs, but only the Islanders and Detroit might have worse defenses on paper.

6. Ottawa
I like the direction they are heading in, at the very least being the only team besides Boston in the NE who isn't below average is a plus. Not sure Karlsson can replicate last year but he looked the part in Finland. Not to mention Alfie's swan song.

7. Washington
They should start to recover from last year...but this isn't their year overall. Ribeiro will be a plus, they are more balanced than they were in the past, still questions about their goaltending and defensive depth.

8. Tampa Bay
Their defense should be better than last year, but all of the SE got better and the goalie questions remain.

9. Buffalo
Mediocre in every way, my gut feeling is they will find a way to overachieve just enough to hurt their draft position to balance out lucking out in the draft last year. It helps that they play well vs the poor NE.

10. Toronto
With Luongo, they can fluke their way to the 8th seed. Without Luongo, another year of one to many what-if's. One of the worst center tandems in the league, talented but fragile wingers, and a mistake-prone defense.

11. Winnipeg
Jokinen was an underrated pickup, I actually like their balance, but they don't have the high end talent, and the media is trying to chase Kane out of town.

12. Florida
The division got better, leaving Florida behind. Garrison was a major loss and they didn't do enough to replace him. Huberdeau is good enough for the NHL but not yet good enough to make a difference.

13. New Jersey
No Parise, an unhappy Kovalchuk means far too many responsibility goes to old men Elias and Zubrus. Brodeur is a ticking time bomb.

14. Montreal
I hope I'm wrong and last year was a fluke, but this team shed itself of its wing depth and the addition of beloved toughness in the bottom 6 won't make up for the softest defensive corps in the league. Price could knock us up as far as 9th, but I don't see the playoffs happening.

15. NYI
They are trending upward...but this is not their year, with a brutal schedule and Visnovsky screwing them out of any chance they possibly had of silencing the critics. Taveres should be great though.

Last edited by Et le But: 01-15-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote