View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 01:43 AM
PhillyFrisco

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Typical Toronto narcissism.

Contrary to popular belief, we really don't care about TO.
One buddy of mine is from TO and is obsessed with the notion that everyone from where we live (BC, Canada) are obsessed with TO. It's a paradoxical notion to hold, as anyone arguing that we don't in fact give one, or two ****s about TO, is inherently illustrating obsessive traits towards TO.

Anyway.

We all tend to hope we don't make the trade with you guys because you don't have any expendable quality pieces.

Would much rather trade with... really, any other franchise in the NHL than the Leafs. That's how minimal your teams' depth is at this moment.

That's all!

Now if you could just as eloquently express to the rest of your fan base the fact that Luongo's NTC hampers his value, that would be great.

While YOU might not be obsessed with T.O., I can honestly say (from anecdotal evidence) that Canucks fans do indeed display a visceral and unjustified hatred towards the Leafs.

Note: I am a Vancouverite.

I am in agreement with your veiled gibe that TOR might not possess expendable assets for Luongo but alas, the market will dictate value... and, if Lu is only willing to waive his value-deflating NTC for a couple of teams - as most reports have indicated - MG is SOL