View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 02:11 AM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFrisco View Post
For whatever reason, Vancouver fans have always hated the Leafs. They think there is some kind of rivalry (which is completely non-existent).

Going back to 2011, the vast majority of Leafs' fans were in support of Vancouver prior to even reaching the finals.

People just like to hate.
Rivals compete. No one in Vancouver thinks the Leafs are our rival. The notion is ridiculous. The Leafs haven't beaten us since 2004.

Of course there are people from each fan base who hate each other.

I mostly feel bad for Leafs fans. Although, it's a huge fan base and thus their fringe fan boys out number most on this website. Every team has them including mine, but there is a large delusional faction here. I'm talking about the ones who expect all 20 prospects on their depth chart to reach maximum potential. These are people who seem to have no history of the odds that any team's first, second or third rounders make it, let alone Toronto's draft history.

The majority of their fan base are just great hockey fans with the unfortunate predicament of cheering for a team that is spinning their wheels. No franchise's fans deserves to go through what they have. Without going back to Ballard or Stavros, the past 8 years have been unbearable and for missing the playoffs for as long as they have, to have the 20th deepest prospect pool stinks.

I actually would really like to see Toronto improve. I'd love for all 7 Canadian franchises to be in the playoffs every year. I want the cup back in Canada.