View Single Post
01-15-2013, 02:19 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
This is not representative of Leafs fans, or Toronto as a whole, but a few of your fellow fans illustrate why Canucks, and Habs, and everyone, display "visceral and unjustified hatred" towards the Leafs:

This is just what happened to be on the page.

Right...and we're delusional and unreasonable. One of those is you as well.

NTC is limited to a few teams, but I have been saying we're are terrible trading partners since before the post-season began. He's already said he's willing to waive, if asked, and Gillis won't ask unless it improves our team. I haven't read any reports of him taking this back, have you got some links? The closest I remember hearing is shying away from Columbus in the CFOX interview a few months ago.

As for SOL, we've been hit hard when the cap was introduced before, we didn't just survive, but we thrived, and dropping a select few contracts is fine here. Two buy outs, most of our deadweight contracts expiring, and prospects we've been seasoning as long as we can on cheap deals. Luongo pulled us through to the playoffs once, and if we don't get what we want in a trade, I am confident he will again.
Apparently, I shouldn't have omitted the sarcasm smiley in my obviously inane proposal.

We are not good trade partners.

Lu is an excellent goalie who has received unfair criticism in this city despite taking his team to game 7 of the SCF as well as winning a gold medal for canada. It's disgusting.

Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
So Luongo is a self serving liar and fraud, and Nonis, who has been at the job since Friday, is the George Washinton of hockey and cannot tell a lie. Got it.
It's called diplomacy and tact. Lu has it. No one is saying Lu is a "self-serving liar and fraud" but if you actually believe his diplomatic diction and hold him accountable to it, you may wrongly refer to him as such.

Don't know what Nux fans keep referring to with the notion that Nonis is telling lies?