View Single Post
01-15-2013, 03:09 AM
Lonny Bohonos
$15mil Mentor-pede
vCash: 500
Depends on whats available. Obviously if you can skate at a rink regularly then do so. But do so with intention IE have some drills to practice.

Id work on sprints and edges.

AS mentioned get some stick-handling aids such as the smart ball or whatever is called and a Swedish puck-handling ball. Practice while watching TV etc. Its pretty easy to get time in with stick-handling and it will make a big difference.

As for exercises definitely do squats and deadlifts. If you are starting out with squats you can do the goblet squats which also help build hip flexibility. Get a balance board or BOSU ball and do some of your exercises on that. I do single arm overhead presses with a kettlebell on my BOSU and it helps with balance and stability which is really important in hockey.

For cardio to intervals interval interval. You are better off doing 20 mins of intervals than 45 mins of jogging. You workout will be faster (and more painful), you will be less bored and you will get better gains as your cardio improves immensely. I like Tabata. Its killer though.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote