View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I just don't wanna hear that the money isn't there, it's not a good excuse anymore
There's nothing else to say than we'll have to wait and see. It wasn't an "excuse" but a reason most times in the past, and even within the helpful restrictions of the new CBA, we're not among the richer teams, and we're most likely still not a cap team. Money not being there will continue to be a very real factor.

Whether it's going to be one with Getzlaf, I doubt it. It might be one with the two of them as a package, because they're going to keep playing on a line. I'm with DVM there entirely (at least, if I get his point right) - paying two forwards on one line $16M isn't a great vision, even in the light of the extremely uncomfortable position of losing one of them. But that wouldn't be an easy foundation for success going forward. That has to be respected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Well Murray has no problem telling us how great the farm system is, if that's the case, we should be able to supplement Getzlaf and Perry with talent.
It's a bit of a different task to fill blanks next to players like Malkin or Crosby, than it is to fill one blank next to Getzlaf/Perry, and an entire line of blanks, with noone being reasonably expected to carry that line.