View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
All I'm saying is that Columbus wouldn't just laugh and hang up the phone like many in here have suggested. You've brought up some decent points without the ridiculousness that others have used in this.
No one said this. A couple people with one-line responses said it was a bad deal for Columbus. And a couple people gave brief answers saying NYR wouldn't do it. Nice miscasting of the discussion.

You can't argue value in a vacuum. It's the stuff outside the vacuum that really determines value. One really good young defenseman (who I'd love to have on the Jackets) isn't worth moving an entire second pairing on a defense that needs a solid-if-unspectacular presence. The other pieces involved in the proposal don't really help the Jackets, either. And the CBJ as a whole, in the wake of the Nash deal folks may have heard of, need to let the resulting roster sift and find a level before additional changes are made.

I don't think I would like that deal from a Rangers perspective, either, but I guess it depends on your approach to the roster.