View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 07:38 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
And this is why you want him to move out from his position?

No. I want him moved for the same reason he wants to be moved. So he can be more creative.

I assume you know that Ovi is the person that requested he be moved from his "natural" position. I was just beating the drums for it long before it happened. I am stunned as I thought the coach would have to be the one to make the change. It says a lot that Ovi wanted to move.

I watched only 2 goals from the montage, and both were scored from the right hand side. The first goal, and skipped ahead 45 seconds in, vs Ottawa. That's all I needed to see. I don't have 5 minutes to watch them all.

While I may be wrong about where his goals were scored, we all know his signature move dried up. I saw new plans of attack this past year. He had foray's up the right hand side, circling late behind the play were easily seen. And he was successful. So maybe doing that, made scoring easier when he went back to where he made his living.

If Nick was a right hand shot, it would open up so many things for he and Ovi, at LW. He is not, so Nick like the rest of us, often ends up just watching Ovi charge into the RD and shoot. I feel that a top5 LH shot center feeding the best RW in the league has the best potential. Forehand to forehand play. Eliminate the backhand, or turning away from the goal, all the while telegraphing ones intentions to the goalie, to use the forehand.

I have no fear of Ovi getting hit. Always among the hits leaders, he usually proactively seeks to hit those that hit him. I actually think at RW he will face fewer hits. Versus Chara, move him back to LW. No biggie. I want him used on both sides, target lame duck dmen.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote