Thread: Nathan Beaulieu
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 07:49 AM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
when subban first played for the habs we know he was sat down because he would make a mad rush up the ice too many times. Coaches needed to teach him to pick his spots less often. I does not matter if subban was right to charge up the ice. The fact is his teammates never knew when he was about to do it which left the back end confused while he was on a rush. Someone has to have subban's back when he takes off. All this must be worked out in practice. So subban was told to calm down a bit.
If you have seen Beaulieu play is guilty of exactly the same thing right now in hamilton. He takes off 20 time a game. Don't get me wrong, the fact that he CAN do all this is great, he is just doing it a bit too much.
I have watched about 20 games this season and Beaulieu did not take off too much, he picked the right times to do it and hasn't had alot of problems with his decision making when he was leading the rush, he mostly seemed to look for the pass and lugged the puck up the ice when it was absolutely needed. He has also gained alot of confidence and is starting to play like the Beaulieu I saw in Saint John. He is starting to drastically improve in the defensive zone, overall he has adjusted well to the AHL speed which is what is always concerning for offensive defensemen and doesn't try to do too much as you've said.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote